Water confident without arms bands or achieved level 2
DEPTH OF WATER
1.0m – 1.5m Main Pool
Further Development of Safety Awareness, Water Skill and Stroke Development.
SYLLABUS OF LEARNING
- Water safety/Personal safety.
- Treading water in own depth.
- Introduction to sculling.
- Mushroom float.
- Surface dives in own depth.
- Front crawl – development of body position, leg practices and arm practices and breathing practices for full stroke advancement.
- Back crawl – development of body position, leg practices and arm practices and breathing.
- Breaststroke – Introduction of body position, leg action and arm movement.
LEVEL 3 COMPETENCY AWARD BASED UPON ABILITY OF PUPIL TO:
- Push and glide on front away from wall and regain standing position.
- Demonstrate legs only on back crawl with arms extended for 10 metres.
- Demonstrate front crawl leg kick with sculling action – lifting head to breathe for 10 metres.
- Demonstrate continuous full front crawl and back crawl over 10 metres.
- Demonstrate continuous front crawl breathing over 10 metres.
- Demonstrate basic demonstration of breaststroke arms and legs.
- Demonstrate treading water in deep end for 20 seconds.